Monday, March 15, 2010

St. George and Vegas

The weekend before we all had to go back to school Bret's friend Todd Allen and his wife Christine invited us and Nick and Kaysi Fox to go down to his parents 2nd home in St. George for the weekend. Bret and I drove down with Todd and Christine and left on Friday night. The drive down was a blast, we basically laughed the whole drive! We finally arrived and the Allen's house was beautiful. After talking to Todd's parents, Bret and Cindy we decided to go get in the hot tub. Not only was the house beautiful the backyard was amazing all equip with a pool, sports court and fire pit. After hot tubbing all of us were pretty beat (oh boy!!) so we all decided to call it a night. And yes Bret and I did sleep in separate rooms because I know that all of you were worried:)! We were all talking before heading to bed and I don't know if it was because of the hot or what, but I was getting so light headed and the whole time talking to Todd and Christine I probably looked so weird because I seriously was about to pass out! The next day Cindy took us girls to get pedicures and the boys went golfing with Bret Allen. It was so nice of Bret and Cindy to do this for us because we had such a great time. Bret and Cindy are such fun parents to hang out with and both of us had so much fun spending time with both of them. Later that day we decided to go to Vegas! We went to The Cheesecake Factory, where Bret hated the waiter! After dinner we walked around for a little bit then went to the Stratosphere to ride on the "BigShot" on top of the building. I was so scared I didn't want to do it, but I had promised Bret the next time we were in Vegas that I would ride it. As we were going up I was trying not to hyperventilate! Getting on to the ride my heart felt like it was going to hop out of my chest, we were already so high and the ride was about to shoot us higher! As we were sitting there all buckled in all I could think about was why I decided to do this, then before I knew it BLAST OFF and into the sky we flew! It was so high and I was freaking out. When we reached the top my stomach and breath felt like it stayed there and I could not breath! The ride finally came to a stop and I had to admit that it was actually a lot of fun! When we got down to view pictures that were taken at blast off they were hilarious! Bret was basically normal his mouth open a little, my eyes were closed, but my mouth was open so wide. Todd looked like he had just seen a ghost and right next to Todd was this Asian kid. His face was the best, it was so good that it's hard to explain! We almost bought the picture because how funny it was! After the thrill of the night we all decided to head back because Bret's other friend Nick and his wife Kaysi were waiting at Todd's house. That night we all played Time's Up with Bret and Cindy. The next morning we just hung out and had some R and R before heading back and starting school. To cap off an amazing trip Bret and I drove home with Nick and Kaysi. We had so much fun, Bret has this app on his iphone that is a voice recorder that changes your voice. Kaysi's voice was totally funny we were dying! We had so much fun thank you Bret and Cindy and Todd and Christine for inviting us to go!












3 comments:

  1. You have a blog!! YAY!! The best news of the day. I love that I can stalk you now. I can't wait to meet Bret. He looks like such a cutie and I've heard he's perfect for you. I can't wait to see you tonight and catch up!!

    p.s. Your trip looks dreamy. I'm very jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i freakin love you kenz & your blog! can we please hang out soon??? i miss your face! anyways st jorge was totally fun we need to do it again!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun trip with your friends! So happy to hear that you and brett slept in seperate beds cause I was totally worried about it. Hahaha just kidding! I felt the same way you did when devin and I went on big shot on stratosphere. It was fun but I don't think I will ever do it again. The thought of being that high up in the air then getting on a roller coaster that shoots you that much higher into the sky just makes me sick to my stomach.

    ReplyDelete