Monday, August 9, 2010

Wedding Dinner

I know this is taking me FOREVER to get ALL of the wedding events up on the blog, but slow and steady wins the race! I don't really know how that pertains to this, but whatever! So this next event was the amazing wedding dinner. Bret's parents put together such a beautiful dinner and what a beautiful night it turned out to be. It was at Bret's brother in laws uncles back yard just off 6200 south. The house was beautiful and the grounds were even more stunning. The night will never be forgotten and I feel so lucky to have such amazing in law's that spent the time and money in putting this special night on for us. Thank you to all of those that helped make this night what it was and thank you Mike and Dolly for all you did for us we love you so much!

Bret's sister-in-law made this beautiful sign that was on the fence right where everyone walked in. Thanks Tory it was amazing!

Kaysi, Bret's friend Nick's wife took some of these amazing pic's and this one she was able to put both the picture of Bret and I and the menu of the night into one pic! Thanks Kays


These centerpieces were on every table and they were designed by Bret's gifted Mother and Sister, Amy. They turned out beautifully, thank you!


This is was the view of the back of the Godfrey's beautiful home and the tree they decorated with lights.


Bret and I were late to our own wedding dinner if you can believe that, but we made it and were so excited for the night and could not believe it was finally here!
Bret and his parents who put on this beautiful night, thank you so much! Me and my cute parents Eating the yummy food cater by the amazing chef, Ellen.



Starting off the program was my cousin/best friend Joey. Joey and I have been through everything together and when I say everything I mean EVERYTHING!!! Joey has been there through all my ups and down throughout my whole life. I do not have many memorize without him in them. My mom and my Aunt Sandi, Joey's mom often say that we share a brain and it is totally true! I have never been able to talk, laugh and understand someone so much as much as I do with Joey. I know this sounds like I should be saying all this stuff about the man I am marring, but it is so true. My mom always said that I need to marry someone just like Joey because Joey and I are so close. I feel so lucky to have a cousin like him that I am able to share everything with, do everything with and share so many memories with. Joey knows me more than anyone and it was Joey's approval of Bret that I was most worried about. The 'Dream Team' will never die and I feel so lucky to have him and be a member of the 'Dream Team'! Joey is one of the most thoughtful people I have ever met. Ask anyone that knows Joey and they will tell you the same thing. For his talk Joey had called all of my little cousins that I am close to and had them write a little something about me. He compiled them all and put them into a book with some pictures of us. This book ment so much to me and will stay with me forever is one of the best gifts I have every received. His talk was so thoughtful and ment so much and for that and everything he has done for me THANK YOU!!!

My cute family lined up ready to rip/talk about me!

My cute sister is my best friend. I was lucky enough to talk at her wedding dinner and it was one of the hardest things I had to do because I had been through so much with her that I didn't know where to start. She has done so much for me and taught me so much that I wanted to let her know how much she ment to me and also to warn Devin, her husband about some of her cute, but annoying habits! Needless to say she paid me back, but not only with what she thought were annoying habits, but also what my brothers thought were annoying as well. She had a little survival kit for Bret that all my siblings contributed to. She also returned the favor and spoke about me and expressed how much I ment to her. I feel so lucky to have a sister like her that has done so much for me and has made such a huge impact on my life and for that I love you and thank you for everything including all your words on that special night.

As you can see everyone had a lot of fun telling all of my weird corks!


My second oldest brother, Zack added to the survival kit nylons. The reason for the nylons was when I was younger I did not have much hair and I always wanted long lushes hair. So I got the bright idea that I would put nylons on my head because at that age it was easier than a wig. As if the nylons aren't enough I would put scrunches in so that I could feel the nylons on my back as if I had long hair! Well not only did Zack just tell about the story he had to show off how ridiculous it look like so he put them on himself. It was so funny and so nice of Zack to embarrass me in front of my new family! Thank you so much Zack I love you so much!

Next my closest brother, Josh added an ace bandage. The reason for this is one that I am so embarrassed for, but it is so true. Josh said that Bret will always need an ace bandage close by because I constantly get hurt. There were a few times that I would hurt my foot and say that it was broken. I was totally put on a show and dramatize it up so that I would receive sympathy from my family, which I never received! There a few times that Josh said that I would hurt one foot and by the end of the day I would be limping on the other foot. Even though I am embarrassed to admit it, it's totally true! Thank you Josh for all you have done for me I love you so much!

My oldest brother Jeramy was the last to add to the survival kit. His contribution was a two part item. He first gave a valium pill saying that there will be a few times that I get heated that I just fly off the handle. This is hard to admit, but is sadly true. There will be times that I am bottling all my emotions in and one day I can't take it anymore and I blow up. I feel better in know that this has already happened to Bret while we were dating and it didn't scare him off, which I could not be more grateful for. Bret truly is the right person for me in so many ways, but this one especially. This is one big thing that I try to constantly work on and practice makes perfect, right?!!! The next part of the pill was that Bret will need a few when he comes home from work and the kids are jumping off the wall and going every which way. He explained to Bret that I have watched his kids forever and he has never seen someone so good in tending kids. He said that I will be an amazing mother and that I will basically be Bret's valium in handling the kids when they get out of control. Jeramy has basically been my father since I can remember. Because he is twelve years older me he has been more like me dad than my brother. He has always been there for me and has always helped me when I have needed him. I love Jeramy very much and feel so lucky to have all my brothers in my life. I seriously don't know where I would be in my life without all of there guidance and direction. I love them all so much and want to thank them all for all they have done. Thank you to all my siblings I love you so much!
My cute parents were next in talking about me. I honestly can say that I feel as though I have some of the best parents anyone can have. They have done and sacrificed so much at my expense and for that I will be forever grateful. They have taught me so many useful lessons and have allowed me to grow at my own pace and will. My mom is honestly my best friend. I talk to her on the phone everyday and I could have never done a wedding without her. She has been my whole life and I honestly feel so lucky to have her. My dad and I are one in the same mold. We are so much alike that at times we tend to annoy each other! There are times that he can drive me completely crazy, but I have one of the best dads around. He is one of the nicest people I have ever met and I feel so lucky to have him in my life. Thank you both mom and dad for all you have done for me. I love you so much and feel so lucky to have you both!
The MC for the night, Mike, who did a great job. Thanks Mike!
Both of us trying so hard not to cry
In the Rice family we have a tradition that every wedding dinner or luncheon the kids in the family sing I love to see the Temple and my amazing Aunt Lesily has made up a third verse for our family that incorperates who is getting married and the day they are getting married. At the end of the song each cousin is holding a rose and gives it to the bride. It is such an amazing tradition and I want to thank all my little cousins for singing for Bret and I.


One of Bret's best friends Nick took a few minutes and spoke about Bret. It was so nice to hear from a friends perspective just how amazing Bret truely is. I have known that ever since I started dating Bret, but it is so great to hear about some of Bret's experiences with his friends. Bret has an amazing group of friends and I feel so lucky to have married into such a great group. Thank you so much Nick for all the nice things you said about Bret and for doing that for him. We both love you very much!

Bret's siblings were the next in line and they all had such great things to say about Bret. Bret has such a great relationship with each of his siblings and that was one of the biggest pros about Bret when I first started meeting his family. I sadly did not have pictures of his first two brothers, I do not know what happend. His oldest brother, Sean spoke first and spoke about the funny relationship he has with Bret and how they have such a fun time together because they have the same humor. He also spoke about how easy going Bret is, which is so true. He gave an experience that when he was teenager Bret was really young and one day their mom had asked Sean to babysit Bret. She told Sean that she had left Bret in the playpin for his nap. Well for whatever reason Sean forgot he was suppose to be watching Bret and went golfing. He was gone for a few hours leaving Bret to fend for himself in the playpin. When he got home Bret was just sitting there playing totally entertaining himself! What an amazing kid! His next oldest Brother is Mark. Mark is really close to Bret because Mark and Bret both LOVE sports and could talk for hours about sports. The only thing they disagree on is BYU and UTAH. Mark has thankfully seen the light and is a ture Ute and I have to say that I am so thankful for him and Tory and the fact that I have a confident in this family! Next up and seen in the pictuer above was Adam. Adam and Bret have always been really close because Adam is the closest brother in age to Bret. Adam and Bret also have the same laid back attitude so they understand eachother. The whole time Bret and I were dating Bret always called Adam for advice and seemed to always be on the phone to Adam. Adam currently lives in Virgina and this has been hard for Bret because is best friend is so far away. Adam had the nicest things to say about how kind Bret is as a person and really how amazing he truely is. Adam finished off by giving some great experiences that him and Bret shared that were both funny and also really touching. Thank you to all Bret's brothers that spoke that ment a lot to him and to the both of us. Also thank you for coming all this way to support us in this fun time. It was so nice to have you all here and we are so thankful you could come.


Sorry for the long writing, but to continue in line went Audrey one of Bret's twin sisters. His sisters are the closest in age to Bret, so for them Bret has always been there little buddy. Audrey did a great job in expressing how Bret was such a big help to her when she was going through a hard time in her life. Audrey is such an amazing girl and I have loved getting to know her more. She will make someone very happy someday and in return they will make her so happy because after what she's been through she deserves it. Thanks Audrey you did such a great job.
The last of Bret's siblings to go was Amy the other twin. I love Amy she has also been so fun to get to know and I feel so lucky to have gained so many great sisters coming into this family. Amy also did such a great job, she spoke about Bret's sence of humor and even though so dumb at time alway so funny. So spoke that Bret was the best little brother to have because he was always so calm and so funny. She loved and loves having Bret as a little buddy. Thank you Amy you also did such an amazing job.
Bret's cute parents that hosted and planned this amazing night were the last to go. They did such a wonderful job and paid such a tribute to darling Bret. They spoke about how Bret has always been willing to help them and even though they are happy to see him go it is bitter sweet because they too do not want to let their little buddy go. Bret's parents are such amazing people and they have been so welcoming to me. Throughout all the ups and downs of dating they never once were mean or cold towards me. They alway made me feel welcome and loved and for that I just want them to know how much I appriciated it and even though they are BYU fans I want them to know how much I love them. I know how much Bret loves his parents and how thankful he is for them. Thank you Mike and Dolly for such a fun and beautiful night it truely was amazing and we loved it!
Bret and I had the opportunity to speak and thank everyone for such a fun night and for all their support.
The last part of the night was the video montage. I love making movies on my mac to I was lucky enough to make our montage for the evening. It was so awesome because my videographer added such a great part of the temple at the end of the video. If I ever figure it out I will post it on the blog.



Talking to my sister after
My mom, me and my sister

Cute Chirtine
Casey and Nick (casey took a lot of these amazing pics, thanks cas)
Gus and Nick
Tessa and Brennon, Zach and Tiff, Todd and Christine

Cody and Toue
The Girls

The guys











1 comment:

  1. that was such a fun & beautiful day!! thanks for letting us be apart of it!!! we just love you guys!!! this post reminds me that i need to make you a disc with all of those pictures on it ASAP!!!!! haha. LOVE YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete